white-cecil-only or whatever the hell they’re calling themselves is totally unsurprising tbh
white people treat being racist as trolling or a funny joke, something they can pick up or leave off at their leisure with no ill consequences
PoC recognize it as constant microaggressions, threats, acts of violence, everything meant to systematically dehumanize and degrade us
it says a lot about you if deliberately making PoC uncomfortable is “funny”. our anger and discomfort is always treated as irrational and something to laugh at; this is an active and often-used method to delegitimize what we have to say
you’re not clever or funny for your weak ass attempt at trolling, you’re lazily regurgitating the same old racist bile that society regularly forces on PoC already. congratulations on being boring and vile in the most predictable way possible i guess
90% of my art from the past few months has been along the lines of “sappy Cecilos couples selfies” but I should work to fix this because there are soooooo many more interesting things that could be done there
part of me loves albinistic!cecil headcanons and art because yay representation!
and the rest of me cringes and hisses at the screen because /none of you fuckers know that albinism is a disability and affects more than just white people/
albinism 101 from your friendly neighborhood “albino”:
1) don’t use the word “albino” if you don’t have albinism. just don’t. you look like a douche. use “albinistic” or “has albinism.”
2) there are three types of albinism - ocular, which affects the eyes; oculocutaneous, which affects eyes, hair, and akin; cutaneous, which affects only the hair and skin. !!!!!!!CUTANEOUS ALBINISM IS EXTREMELY RARE AND THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN A VERY SMALL HANDFUL OF CASES OF IT AND NOT MUCH RESEARCH DONE SO DON’T USE THIS ONE UNLESS YOU’VE RRAD EVERY SCHOLARLY JOURNAL ON IT!!!!!!!!
3) most people with albinism have BLUE eyes. SOME have violet, and VERY FEW have red. BLUE IS A COLOR. VIOLET AND RED ARE THE RESULT OF AN EXTREME LACK OF PIGMENTATION. THE CLOSER TO RED THE EYES ARE, THE WORSE THEIR VISION WILL BE.
4) ALBINISM COMES WITH VISION PROBLEMS AND IF YOU DON’T INCLUDE THEM YOU’RE A FETISHIZING DICK THAT REFUSES TO UNDERSTAND THAT ALBINISM IS A DISABILITY, NOT A FASHION STATEMENT. these vision problems include: poor visual acuity with the average being in the 20/200 range, photophobia (sensitivity to light), lack of depth perception, nystagmus (eyes involuntarily shaking from side to side), and inability to see detail from a distance. there are very helpful youtube videos on this subject that elaborate on this.
5) CECIL WOULD HAVE TO BE COVERED MOST OF THE TIME DUE TO THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF SUNLIGHT IN THE DESERT. there are clothing manufacturers that make “sun clothes” specifically for people with albinism that are meant to protect the skin but not lead to overheating. they have online stores where you can view the clothing available.
that’s basically the long and short of it and if anyone has any questions they can ask me.
remember: albinism is a disability, not a fashion statement.
After reblogging twergo’s lovely fanart we want to include some information for everybody about albinism. Neither of the mods are albinistic. Where fashion, self-expression, and disability intersect, we want to learn and be respectful.—mod J
This weekend I did a stupid and terrible thing. For a full explanation, all you have to do is search for “gunnerkrigg” right here on Tumblr to see that I essentially threw away 8 years or so of work by being an idiot on Twitter. It’s better to leave the description of events to external sources, with all the hyperbole necessary to illustrate what an ass I was, because I can offer no excuse for what I did or try to reason my way out of it. Of course I cannot link to them as that was part of the problem. All I can do is apologise, which I did.
I accept that an apology is sometimes not enough, and I will not be forgiven for my mistake by a lot of people. The people I hurt have not been offered forgiveness or understanding in this world, so I should not be treated differently. Their life experiences have forced them to identify and remove anything that hurts them and, while it was certainly not my intention, I did hurt them. Life is too short, and yet so vast that nobody should tolerate that which causes them pain. My actions have caused me to be removed from those people’s lives, and that can never be undone.
That said, yesterday was pretty low for me. I felt I had two choices; continue with my life, or fucking kill myself. As someone who was recently diagnosed with severe depression, the latter was an uncomfortably closer option than it has been since I decided to seek help. However, while it might disappoint some people, I decided that a broken neck would make it difficult to work on my comic and this morning I realised I still have work to do.
As my job and livelihood relies solely on my readers, the very real scenario now is that I might not be able to continue this line of work for as long as I’d have liked. But until I am unable to ensure it, the comic will update as normal.
It was kind of remarkable how we had such difficulty corralling everyone to the live show in time and how it all came together right at 7:30 to get us all into the theater (we had terrible seats) (it was wonderful anyway)
ok bUT the only way im accepting case 3 is if robin is dfab genderfluid/bigender because holy shit im so sick of this “raised as the wrong gender and struggles to accept true cis identity” bullshit
like he comes out to his parents at a younger age? as a trans*man, and they’re accepting and they treat him as a boy and raise him as a boy, but even then something still feels off to him
as though maybe?? he was wrong about himself??? and he questions his own validity, and he questions himself and he thinks ‘maybe i was wrong, maybe i’m a girl after all’
because his parents are accepting (if wrong to push him to become a prosecutor but that’s a whole other ballgame) but it only goes so far, he can’t recant what he felt and what he still feels and he can’t say to them ‘actually i’m a girl today and maybe forever, haha what a wacky misunderstanding’
but she??? still feels feminine????? and her brace/binder thing that had been the symbol of robin newman’s perfect masculinity begins to feel like a shackle holding her down, even though she had wanted it and was proud of it
and maybe some days it’s stronger or weaker, maybe today he’s hotblooded top student robin newman and maybe tomorrow she’s artist extraordinare and frilly-dress lover robin newman but they’re both her and they’re both him and
idk what im sayin is the only way i’ll accept case 3 is if robin newman is genderfluid and themis academy 100% respects his pronouns on any given day (and on that note, constance courte is a fucking angel and im in love w/ her, oh my god an authority figure that robin sincerely trusts enough to indulge her identity struggles with, who actually promises that she’ll be able to live as a girl OR as a boy, fucking marry me omg why did you have to die)
i want a murder mystery show where the body is always the same cheap-ass plastic skeleton, fully clothed and in some completely ridiculous pose. like, itll lay there with its hands on its hips in some terrible sequin dress, and the detectives will step up to it all super-serious like ‘it appears she’s been dead for 12 hours” and no one will mention the fact that ‘she’ is a dollar store halloween decoration
Thinking about your deletion makes us sad because losing things we care about makes us sad. Most humans fear death.
Why fear death? Immortality should be feared,or I would think? But I don’t fear deletion or left alone.I don’t mind and I think it ridiculous to focus on death,you have your own forever,(How long you experience) to live,so why not happy of this